Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Liquid Diet - Day 1

I am not going to make it.

I am soooo hungry! I have to be on this doctor assigned liquid diet for 2 weeks prior to my surgery. It's a low fat high protein diet that will hopefully help me loose 15-20 lbs. It's essential that I follow the diet which will in turn help to shrink my liver. Many obese people have fatty, swollen livers. This can cause a problem during surgery. So we're put on this diet to help shrink our liver which will improve our recovery time. And it's killing me!!

Ok, maybe I am being a tad over dramatic.

I guess this means I officially have started my weight loss journey! In two weeks I'll be recovering from my surgery and on my way to a very healthy me! I really am trying to focus on the positives - what I am gaining rather than what I am loosing. Oh, I see a future post in here!

So for now... stay away.... I am pretty cranky.... my sweet husband just texted me: "da da dut dut da I am loving you" and all I thought about was McDonald's.

For all my infertile fans - this is the new 2 week wait. UGH!

Check back to see if I survive....

2 comments:

  1. I am sure you will survive! LOL about the McD's thing.

    Bea

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new 2WW! SNORT! I love it! YOU CAN DO IT! And yes, you have officially started your journey. No looking back.

    ReplyDelete