Monday, March 15, 2010

I Really Did It?....I Really Did It!

Last night I was sitting on the coach watching on of my favorite TV shows Ruby. I really love her, although sometimes she does annoy me with her whiny voice and butchery of the English language (I am so hacky....I am so humdidated). I was watching her in her weight loss journey and her mentoring of a 17 year old obese young woman. As I am watching I begin to think (as I often do when watching weight loss stories), I need to do something about my weight.

KURPLUNK

I chuckled and lifted up my shirt to see my scars. Yep I did it. I really did it! I've waited so long for this and to finally have made it to life post surgery! All this is still very hard for me to comprehend.

Finally, instead of wishing and dreaming about doing something - I did! I really did it!

Part of my amazement I believe is that I am doing so well. I don't have any real pain - only mild discomfort. I have energy and am moving around pretty good. I believe my swelling has gone down and today I was even able to bend down and pick something up off the floor.

I really feel like I can do this! For the first time in a long time I feel like I have the tools to conquer this monster. I am so ready to get working out. I have to wait until I am medically cleared so for now I am just walking outside. I've never been this excited to get moving. I think the possibility of success is really motivating me forward.

Wow.... I really did it... I really took that step that I've been stalling at for 6 years and did it.

Yeah Me!

2 comments:

  1. SNORT! I like that show too but sometimes she is too much for me not including some of the crazy versions of words. Her obsession with Jeff at his birthday party actually made me uncomfortable. I do have a love of Denny though.

    And yes, YEAH YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're feeling this positive!

    Bea

    ReplyDelete