Saturday, April 10, 2010

Happy 1 Month Baniversary to Me!

On month ago today I changed my life!

It's hard to believe that I am here! Sitting one month on the other side of gastric banding! I am so thankful to be sitting here!

Some things have already changed for me in this short month's time. The first and probably the most amazing thing is that I am OFF OF METFORMIN!! I am beyond happy about this! Sometime people can never come off of it! Here I am Met free!! I take (scratch that!) took Metformin for something called Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Basically the Met would balance my hormone levels and allow my body to ovulate and there by have a normal menstrual cycle. Well I've been off Met for 1 month and have had a menstrual cycle!! Such a HUGE victory for me! I am back to tracking all that girly stuff and am so excited that this road to health is also a road to improved fertility. It's really scary to but my mind back in the fertility game. I've been gone for about 2 years. Trying not to switch gears here. Really want to remained focused on my health and wellness before I even think about baby making. But getting off of Met was my #1 goal with WLS!

I've also noticed my clothes are getting looser!! I even went shopping and bought some shirts in one size down! WOO HOO!!

On this morning of my 1 month baniversary I've lost 18lbs since surgery and 34 lbs all together plus 17 inches!! I've gained a sense of accomplishment and a real sense of hope, "this time I WILL do it!"

Oh, happy baniversary, happy baniversary!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, 17 inches?? That rocks! I'm so proud. I will go clothes shopping with you and carry all of your new purchases. :)

    And, that is such GREAT news about the Met! WOOHOO! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has it been a month already? It sounds like you're doing really well. Keep up the good work!

    Bea

    ReplyDelete